Tuesday 24 May 2011

Favourite roads...

There is nothing quite like discovering, quite by chance, a beautiful driving road. To discover it empty, dry and with a cracking sunset in the making only makes it better. It was precisely in this manner that I found the B4407. I took a risk, turning off the A5 early instead of heading to what is known as the ‘Evo’ triangle in search of a mate and his Integra Type R. What a good decision. It was truly one of my most memorable drives, up there with my first solo drive after my test and the first time I drove to Le Mans, surrounded by exotica.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, North Wales is chock full of beautiful roads, plus beautiful mountain scenery and beautiful little towns. Which is why we go there quite a lot. So, with that in mind, the following numbers are worth looking for, in my opinion.

A4086, Llanberis to Capel Curig
A498, Beddgelert to the A4086
B4391, A470 to A4212
B4501, A4212 to A5
A543, Pentrefoelas to Llyn Bran
B4501, Cerrigydrudion to Llyn Bran
B5105, Cerrigydrudion to Ruthin

You can look here if you're curious. I didn't take any photos on the roadtrip through here. I probably should have, but I was busy driving...

Equally worth looking for are the Grove House B&B in Betws-y-Coed and Bistro Betws for a roof/epic breakfast and some food, should you want to pop up and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment