Thursday 17 October 2013

Time for a change... again... Caterham for sale... again

Fine. I didn't sell the little red car. I didn't even come close. I did get divorced. It wasn't about the car. But I got to keep the car. Yay! So, by way of celebration, I'm selling it.

Wait? What?

So the last post, 11 months ago, was a sad little link to Neil Garner. However, it was optimistically priced, which I knew, and there was a nagging doubt. Anyway, spring rolled around and there were no firm offers following the big Easter Open Day at Garner Motorsport, so I had the MOT done, a service and a thoroughly enjoyable summer of Caterham fun, including my first and second forays on track. I'll do a little catch-up blog on those another time.

Suffice to say, however, I was re-bitten by the bug and the one thing that stuck with me was a) how much fun it was on track and b) how long the list of upgrades was to make it into a machine that could be used predominantly on track.

In short, the list was long enough to persuade me if I really wanted to do it properly, the right thing to do was sell this well kept, road-oriented car and buy something that was perhaps little more track oriented, and as any past owner might say, something in a condition more indicative of a well used lifestyle. In doing so, I would be able to address the upgrades by simply buying a car that had already had most of the ideal items fitted. I planned to do this in 2014. And then, as you always do, I spotted the perfect car. I wasn't even "looking". In fact, my first action was to email the ad to a friend and say "For the love of God - sell a kidney and buy this". Then the next day I got an email from another Seven owning friend, containing the word "great" quite a lot and pointing to the same car. Which got me thinking - always a bad thing.

Next thing you know, a deal's been struck and the faithful 1400 is on the open market and a potential bargain to be had, as I have one garage and a new car arriving shortly.

Pistonheads ad is here: Bargain Caterham

Blatchat ad is here: Still a bargain Caterham...

Pics here:  Man alive! This IS a pretty car (and a bargain)

No comments:

Post a Comment