Tuesday 5 April 2011

The end of an era...

colinwrc.jpg

I fell in love with Subaru Imprezas watching the WRC and playing Gran Turismo in stolen lunchtimes during my sixth form. The purposeful look and the most amazing sound had me instantly sold.

Fast forward a few years and via a rare black non-turbo, I think one of 200 released, though estimates go up to 1000 (are you reading this Timothy?), I ended up with an excellent 1999 V plate Turbo 2000. Never in the history of motoring have you been able to go so fast, handle so well and carry so much crap for so little cash. My excellent workhorse was a triumph, getting me to and from work with ease, comfortable cruising up to Aberdeen and down to Bergerac, rescuing friends who were stuck in the snow and most notably, getting three (arguably) grown men, three mountain bikes and all their camping gear to the 2010 Nurburgring 24 hour race. With everything inside the car. It was epic. Even the parking was epic.

That is very, very wet grass
I shall be sad to see it go, but then times do change.







Buy a car that definitely hasn't been in the air like the one above, by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment